Some of you will be lucky enough to know exactly which song to choose for your CoverStar Experience. Most of you will be choosing on the Bride-To-Be’s behalf and will know her favourite song. Unfortunately nine times out of ten, it can be a very tricky decision. A lot of the time the experience is a surprise for the Bride-To-Be so you cannot ask her which song she would like to sing.
Here are some top tips for helping you choose the perfect song….. 1) Pick an up-beat song that is catchy with lots of energy. Choosing something downbeat can make the party a somber affair when it is supposed to be a very happy occasion! 2) Some songs are sung very quickly. For example, Little Mix’s ‘Salute’. This can be difficult if you are not all familiar with the song. 3) Unless you have rehearsed before, we advise against re-writing the lyrics to your chosen song. Sometimes (although you think it does), the new lyrics do not fit perfectly with the backing track. If you haven’t rehearsed beforehand, this can eat into your recording time if you are spending a large chunk of the party rehearsing.
4) If it a surprise for the Bride-To-Be and you really don’t have a clue which song to choose – get your detectives hat on! Ask her closest friends and family. There may be a song she loved in her teens that will be nostalgic and fun to sing! 5) Pick a song that everyone will know. If they don’t, send them a Youtube video of the song with lyrics as well. Insist they learn it beforehand! We ask for song choices 7 days before the party so this will give you plenty of time to decide. Here is a list of our most popular songs requested…..
1) Proud Mary – Tina Turner
2) 9-5 – Dolly Parton
3) Everybody – Backstreet Boys
4) Walking on sunshine – Katrina and the waves
5) Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
6) How will I know – Whitney Houston
7) Don’t stop believing’ – Journey
glasses emoticon Wannabe – Spice Girls